A biographical journey through America's presidents. 43 rendezvous with 43 men.

For 18 years I've reveled in the lives of the monarchs of Europe.
Now I'm trading in the Tudors for the Johns, Georges and Jameses.
No more Elizabeths, Marys and Henrys.

It's America's turn.







Monday, January 25, 2010

A Red, White & Blue Endeavor


I have decided what my reading project is for 0-ten.

I realize that I have always been consumed with European history and find everything about the British monarchy and the traditions of their lifestyles completely fascinating. Every king and queen, every playwright and poet, every folklore and every tidbit of information I can gather on these dusty lives, I will.

This year, I am trading in the Tudors for the Johns, Georges and Jameses.

It's America's turn.

This year I am going to start reading the biographies of every United States president that has ever been in office. I have already ordered the biographies of the first five. Each book averages about 600 pages. With 43 presidents, including the president incumbent, that is a total of 25,800 pages of the lives of America's leaders.

I love biographies. I love history. I love reading.

This will be a red, white and blue endeavor indeed.

Stay tuned for Mr. Washington.

No comments:

Post a Comment